Abaris Operations Administrator
Established in 2003, Abaris International has a proven track record in the supply of technical equipment and apparel for the Outdoor Professional. Based on the edge of the Peak District on the outskirts of Huddersfield (in between Manchester, Leeds and Sheffield), we are one of the leading suppliers of technical height and water safety equipment in the UK, as well as being a main supplier to various outdoor centres, rope course providers and media companies.
We are now looking for someone to join our administration team and work from our modern offices in Huddersfield. The ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter and team player and the role offers excellent career progression.
Full product training will be given but you must want to learn and most importantly get stuck in making the role your own. The applications of our products will require being comfortable in working with technical specifications to suit customer needs. We are a small team and maintain a flexible way of working to meet demands.
Reporting to: Operations Manager
1. Being involved at all levels of order despatch including (but not limited to):-
a) Assisting the Warehouse Operative with picking, packing, and checking of outgoing orders
2. Arrangements with the courier for any ad-hoc collections from customers
|3. Completion/invoicing of orders on Sage where required if stock should become available for customers waiting for back orders|
4. Courier queries
a) Failed deliveries
5. Customer queries – specifically re lead times from suppliers and delivery lead times. This will involve liaison with the Stock Controller
6. Production of rope end marking labels when any rope has been cut down to length – also to cut said ropes if required in the absence of the Warehouse Operative.
7. In conjunction with the Warehouse Operative, ensuring the warehouse work area is a safe and well organised workspace – gangways and shelves particularlyv
8. Gain an overview of all Operations Team functions to enable post-holder to assist at times of increased workloads or staff absences if required
Skills and behaviours
1. “Can do” mentality
2. Problem solving
3. Good time management and personal organisation skills and multitasking
4. Communication skills
5. Customer service skills
6. Experience of Microsoft Office
Full-time, Permanent with competitive salary
The role is based entirely in our Huddersfield office with a 37.5 hour working week with a starting time of 9:00