Please read these terms carefully, and print and keep a copy of them for your reference. These terms and conditions will apply to all transactions placed online, by e-mail, telephone or by post with Abaris International Ltd. Please read carefully before placing any order. All contracts shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and any dispute between us will be resolved exclusively in the courts of England and Wales. By using this site you are agreeing to these terms and conditions. We may change our terms and conditions at any time, so please do not assume that the same terms will apply to future orders.
Contact Details / Registered address
This website is owned and operated by Abaris International Limited
Registered in England - Company Number: 4743012
VAT number: 810 3237 77
Registered business address
- Abaris International Ltd.
If you need to contact us please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively please call customer services on: +44 (0) 1484 768277
If you would like to contact us in writing please send all correspondence to our business address above.
We are open:
- Monday to Friday - 9.00am to 5:00pm (GMT, BST). or later, just try us!
- Out of office hours and at weekends please call the office and you automatically be redirected to the office mobile where a member of the Abaris team will hopefully be available to assist. If the phone is not answered then please leave a message and we will contact you as soon as we are able to.
We aim to be as flexible as possible and are normally available to open at weekends for anyone wishing to buy equipment on a Saturday on Sunday (we will endeavour to open the office, just call us to ensure it is possible on the day you wish).
We are open for both walk-in sales and internet sales.
Making A Purchase
Making a purchase is easy. Simply browse our website and add any items that you wish to buy to your shopping cart by clicking ‘Add to Basket’, at this point you can change the number of a particular product you require, to purchase more items simply click on the ‘Continue Shopping’ button or to complete your purchase click the ‘Checkout Now’. You will need to fill in delivery and card details in a secure area before the final stage of entering your card details or PayPal information.
When you place an order with us you are making an offer to buy goods. We will send you a 'Confirmation of your Abaris International order’ email to confirm that we have received your order. We will contact you if any items are not in stock or if there have been any pricing errors. Once we have checked the price and availability of the goods, we will contact you again by email or text to confirm your order has been dispatched, this will be our confirmation that we accept your order. Note: we cannot confirm the price until you order. All offers are subject to availability and while stocks last.
We are also pleased to accept orders by e-mail, telephone, post or fax.
Pricing, Website Information and Print Errors
All information on our website, including prices and specifications are checked to the best of our ability, and whilst every effort has been made to make them accurate, no responsibility will be accepted for errors and omissions. The website is under constant development and manufacturers may change specifications, conformities and pricing without giving notice. We endeavour to keep track of these changes and keep the website information accurate. We reserve the right to alter our prices and specifications without notice. Abaris International gives no warranty or assurance about the content of the Website.
We accept all major credit and debit cards as well as PayPal and UK cheques. Please note that for cheque orders we reserve the right to await successful clearance of funds before shipping your goods. We must receive cheques and postal orders within 7 days of your order being placed. If not, we will inform you by email. If we have still not received your payment after a further 7 days you will be emailed with notification of your order being cancelled.
Ownership of the goods
All goods supplied to the customer remain the property of Abaris International Ltd until final payment of all sums owing in respect of those goods has been received in full by us and the funds have cleared.
Website Security - Norton Verisign
Abaris International Limited takes precautions to protect users' information. Our website is Secured By Norton Verisign - Verisign is a leading global Certification Authority (CA). Their SSL and code signing digital certificates are used globally to secure servers, provide data encryption, authenticate users, protect privacy and assure online identifies through stringent authentication and verification processes. When sensitive information is submitted via our website, that information is encrypted and is protected with SSL (Digital encryption). The servers on which we collect and store personal information are kept in a secure environment.
Certificate features and benefits:
- Encryption Up to 256-bit encryption enabled
- Browser Capability Highest in industry
- Certificate Details Domain name only
- Trusted Site Seal Included (available in 18 languages)
Card Processing Security - Sage Pay
All our payments are processed by Sage Pay with all transaction information passed between our website and Sage Pay’s systems being encrypted using 128-bit SSL certificates. No cardholder information is ever passed unencrypted and any messages sent to our servers from Sage Pay are signed using MD5 hashing to prevent tampering. You can be completely assured that nothing we pass to Sage Pay’s servers can be examined, used or modified by any third parties attempting to gain access to sensitive information.
Sage Pay's Encryption and Data Storage
Once on Sage Pay's system, all sensitive data is secured using the same internationally recognised 256-bit encryption standards used by, among others, the US Government. The encryption keys are held on state-of-the-art, tamper proof systems in the same family as those used to secure VeriSign's Global Root certificate, making them all but impossible to extract. The data Sage Pay hold is extremely secure and Sage Pay are regularly audited by the banks and banking authorities to ensure it remains so.
Sage Pay's System security
Sage Pay’s systems are scanned quarterly by Trustwave which are an independent Qualified Security Assessor (QSA) and an Approved Scanning Vendor (ASV) for the payment card brands.
Sage pay is also audited annually under the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS) and is a fully approved Level 1 payment services provider, which is the highest level of compliance. Sage Pay are also active members of the PCI Security Standards Council (SSC) that defines card industry global regulation.
Delivery Schedule and Details
We pride ourselves on our rapid service and aim to despatch all orders promptly. The majority of orders placed before 3pm Monday to Friday are sent out the same day as the order is received and delivered the next working day - See below for information on timed and weekend deliveries (This is dependent on stock availability, we will contact you on the rare occasion something is out of stock).
Orders to the Highlands, Islands may be a two day delivery and overseas will be longer. Please also note that our cheaper non-courier delivery (via Royal Mail) can take in excess of 3 days. For time-critical orders we advise calling us so we can process the order as a matter of urgency and confirm the delivery schedule. We cannot be held liable for any consequential loss caused by late delivery, or failure to deliver.
Please note! Orders placed after close of business Monday to Thursday will be processed the next day. Orders placed after close of business on a Friday or at a weekend will be processed on the Monday.
If you opt for courier delivery you will receive an email or text on the day we dispatch your order informing you that it is enroute, and a further email or text at around 7:30am on the morning of the day of delivery, giving you a 1 hour window when your delivery will arrive.
For operating efficiency we reserve the right to send your order via courier rather than Royal Mail (you will not be charged any additional amount for this upgrade).
Please allow slightly longer for the busier periods at Christmas and during the sales. All goods are subject to availability and in the event we are unable to supply your goods within thirty days you will be informed immediately and advised of the expected delivery date. Outstanding orders / items can be cancelled at any time. In instances where payment has already been made, an alternative or refund in full for the item(s) concerned will be given.
Note: Any free delivery offers are limited to mainland UK and do not generally include the Highlands, Islands etc.
Timed deliveries / Saturday Sunday deliveries
We are able to arrange timed deliveries (pre-1030am / pre-12) and deliveries at weekends (Saturday pre-1030am / pre-12 and Sunday anytime). Some of the timed delivery options are available via the website, for others including a Sunday delivery, please call the office for a confirmed price and to arrange the alternate delivery. Important Note: Timed deliveries are subject to stock availability (we will contact you if any of your order is not in stock so you can confirm if you would like us to split the delivery) and must be placed by 3pm Monday to Friday (after 3pm please call us as you may still be able to catch our couriers).
Low delivery charge guarantee
If you get to the basket stage of the order process and feel that our delivery charge is too high, then simply contact us and we will look to reduce this, possibly by opting for a slower delivery service (normal deliveries are next day - except for the highlands, islands etc)
Goods will be delivered, by our appointed carrier, to the address given by you on the order form. It is important that this address is accurate. In most instances the parcel will not be left without a signature. If you ask for your delivery to be left somewhere without a signature then this is done at your own risk, we will not be liable for the theft / loss of your package. Please provide us with a delivery address where the parcel can be signed for between the hours of 8:00am and 6:00pm. We are happy to arrange delivery to your place of work if this is convenient. We cannot be held liable for any consequential loss caused by late delivery, or failure to deliver by our appointed carrier.
You can view your postage cost at the My Basket stage by simply entering your delivery postcode and country into the calculate delivery cost section. Should any goods delivered by us being damaged in transit, deficient of items shown on the delivery note or failing to match the items ordered by you, then you must notify us within seven working days of receipt. If we receive no such notification, you will be deemed to have accepted the items as satisfactory.
Collecting from store
Items can be collected from our store anytime from Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm (excluding Bank Holidays and Christmas / New Year shutdown). Please call us to confirm the day and time you would like to collect so we can have your items and paperwork ready for your arrival. Weekend Collections - We aim to be as flexible as possible and are normally available to open at weekends for anyone wishing to buy / collect equipment on a Saturday or Sunday (we will endeavour to open the office, just call us to ensure it is possible on the day you wish).
Cancellation and Returns Policy
We hope you will be completely satisfied with every purchase made from Abaris International Ltd as we strive to offer you excellent quality, value and service at all times. Whilst we try to be as flexible as possible with returns, we have to be aware of the safety critical nature of many of our products, and the need for us to guarantee the safety, quality, maintenance and storage of these products.
In line with all other professional suppliers of Personal Protective Equipment / Personal Fall Protection Equipment and for the safety of all our customers, we are ordinarily unable to exchange or issue a refund for any personal safety equipment such as ropes, harnesses, helmets, descenders, ascenders, karabiners etc once the items have left our premises, or in the case of orders sent out by post / courier, received by a customer. This does not apply to any item which has arrived faulty or damaged, or if the item has been dispatched as ordered, but is unwanted due to the description on the website being incorrect or misleading.
If we have sent you the wrong item please contact us as soon as possible (latest within 24 hours of receipt of your order), and subject to the time of day we are made aware of our error, we will endeavour to send the correct item out to you the same day, and arrange delivery of that item and collection of the wrong item the next day (slightly longer for Highlands and Islands and overseas).
The item needs to be in its original and undamaged packaging and with its tags / labels still attached. We will not be able to accept return of any product that does not meet these criteria.
In certain other limited circumstances we may be willing to offer an exchange or refund, but need to be notified within 24 hours of you receiving the goods and require the product to be in exactly the same condition that it left us i.e. in its original and undamaged packaging and with the tags / labels still attached. If the tags / labels have been removed then the item is not returnable under any circumstances.
Any goods accepted back for any other reason than we have made an error or the item is faulty, will be subject to a 15% inspection / re-certification fee, as we are required to complete a full P.P.E. inspection on the item before it can be deemed suitable for resale, even when an item is returned to us unused and has seemingly not been removed from its packaging. Once the item has passed the formal inspection we will refund the cost of the goods minus the 15% inspection / recertification fee. Goods must be returned to us at your own expense and must be adequately packaged to protect against damage. If you fail to take reasonable care of the goods before they are returned to us, or have used insufficient packaging to return them to us and this results in damage or deterioration, the item will be returned back to you. We recommend that all items returned to us be sent recorded delivery with insurance paid as a minimum.
Due to an increase in the level of international fraud we have implemented stringent security procedures for all overseas orders: your IP address and full details are logged by us, all orders are carefully assessed for their validity and all credit card payments are checked by the fraud protection team of our card services provider. In most instances we will only send goods to the address at which the credit card is registered. In addition, no goods will be sent until full payment has cleared.
Please note! Orders from outside of the UK may be liable for customs or excise duty upon receiving the goods according to the customs and excise regulations in that country and any charges are the responsibility of the customer. We advise you to contact your local Chamber of Commerce to ascertain if you may be charged any import tax on your items (Australia for instance attracts import tax for orders over $1000 Australian dollars). If you fail to pay the charges, and the courier we use returns the goods to us, then you will be liable for any associated charges for doing this (the cost of the return and / or any charges we have incurred to clear the items through your customs, plus a 20% restocking fee).
All products offered are guaranteed for a period of twelve months, unless otherwise stated, from the date of the original invoice against failure to provide reasonable wear owing to defective workmanship or materials. The guarantee excludes faults caused by accident, neglect or misuse. In the event of a warranty claim, please return the item with a copy of the original receipt to our customer service department.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Rope access and rope rescue, water rescue, climbing, mountaineering, caving, canoeing and any similar work / adventurous activities are potentially hazardous. Even the correct selection, maintenance and use of equipment cannot eliminate danger. Any person using equipment bought from Abaris International Limited is personally responsible for learning the correct techniques involved, assumes all risks and accepts responsibility for any damages or injuries of any kind, including death. Abaris International Limited staff can only offer advice on products and in no way should this be a substitute for instruction / training. It is the responsibility of the buyer to ensure that all technical data and instructions provided with the product by Abaris International Limited is supplied to the end user.
Trade / Credit Accounts Holders
Trade customers, public sector organisations and other professional groups can apply for a trade / credit account with Abaris International, please contact us to discuss. Trade customers benefit from lower prices on most items and credit terms (if applied for and approved). Where credit has been given but our trade credit account forms have not yet been completed / received by us, the following payment / credit and ownership / liability terms apply (Note: Approved Trade / Credit account holders will have signed to comprehensive terms sent with the account opening forms):
Payment / Credit notes
- Latest payment date is 30 days from the date of invoice.
- Payment by credit card may be subject to a 2% surcharge.
- Every time a cheque, standing order or banker’s order fails to clear the Buyer’s bank on presentation we will separately surcharge the Buyer’s account.
- We understand and reserve the right to exercise our statutory right to claim interest and compensation for debt recovery costs under the late payment legislation if we are not paid according to agreed credit terms.
- If any payments due to Abaris International Limited are not made on the due date Abaris International Limited reserves the right to suspend any or all the deliveries of goods ordered by the Buyer and/or by notice in writing to the buyer to cancel the contract without being liable for the consequential loss.
- If payment is received without instructions as to which invoice it should be matched against, it will be matched against the oldest invoice(s) on the account.
- We expect customers to whom a credit note has been issued to claim the credit within 6 months. Where an account has been dormant for more than 6 months we will write off any credit notes.
- Accounts that lie dormant for a minimum of twelve months may be closed. Abaris International Limited reserve the right to make an administration charge for any subsequent reinstatement.
Application of terms / Cancellations for Trade / Credit account holders
- No order placed by the Buyer shall be deemed to be accepted by the Abaris International Ltd until a written acknowledgement of order is issued by Abaris International Limited or the Goods have been despatched to the Buyer.
- Any quotation is given on the basis that no Contract shall come into existence until the Company despatches an acknowledgement of order to the Buyer.
- If a contract has been made and the Buyer purports to cancel the contract, the cancellation will only be accepted by Abaris International Limited if the order relates to products that have not been made to the Buyers specifications or the products quantities being ordered are not above the standard stock levels held by Abaris International Limited (Buyers will be informed if the goods are non-returnable prior to the acceptance of an order).
- A handling charge at Abaris International Limited’s standard rate from time to time will be charged in relation to the cancellation being not less than 15% of the contract price of the Goods.
Ownership of the goods / Liability for Trade / Credit account holders
- Ownership of the goods remains with Abaris International Limited until Abaris International Limited has received cleared funds in full of the price of all the goods.
- All risk in the goods passes to the Buyer upon delivery. The Buyer must take all necessary protection of the goods including insurance until full payment is received.
- Until full payment as defined in clause (i) has been received at Abaris International Limited, the Buyer will hold the goods supplied on unpaid invoices in such a way that in the event of prior resale Abaris International Limited shall be entitled to the proceeds of such a sale.
- The Buyer shall store all goods not paid for in full so that they are clearly shown to be the property of Abaris International Limited. The Buyer must maintain records of the location of the goods so they remain easily identifiable.
- Goods are supplied subject to the understanding that the credit Buyer authorises Abaris International Limited to enter the Buyer’s premises in order to repossess goods for which full payment has not been received and all costs and expenses reasonably incurred by Abaris International Limited shall be paid by the Buyer.
- Abaris International Limited is not liable to the Buyer for any Loss, expense or damage of any kind (direct, indirect, financial or consequential and whether arising from negligence or otherwise) arising from the supply, purported supply, failure to supply or from the Buyer’s use, possession or re-sale of the Goods.
- No employee of Abaris International Limited is liable to the Buyer in any circumstances for any loss, expense or damage of any kind (direct, indirect, financial or consequential and whether arising from negligence or otherwise) arising from any act or omission of his during the performance of his employment or other duties.
Some of the script and images on our website has been designed by Abaris International are subject to copyright. Abaris International will take action against any individual or company which infringes this copyright under the Copyright Designs and Patents Act 1988.