Inbound Sales Adviser
Established in 2003, Abaris International has a proven track record in the supply of technical equipment and apparel for the Outdoor Professional. Based on the edge of the Peak District on the outskirts of Huddersfield (in between Manchester, Leeds and Sheffield), we are one of the leading suppliers of technical height and water safety equipment in the UK, as well as being a main supplier to various outdoor centres, rope course providers and media companies.
We are now looking for someone to join our sales administration team and work from our modern offices in Huddersfield. The ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter and team player and the role offers excellent career progression.
Full product training will be given but you must want to learn and most importantly get stuck in making the role your own. The applications of our products will require being comfortable in working with technical specifications to suit customer needs. We are a small team and maintain a flexible way of working to meet demands.
Key attributes in the person we are seeking are:
· Good customer communication skills
· Confidence in handling technical enquiries and mental agility in helping customer selecting products
· A “Can do” attitude and willingness to learn products and applications
· A flexible small team member
Typical daily duties will include:
- Quotations for height safety products following enquiries via email and telephone
- Checking stock availability to indicate lead times on quotations and orders
- Sourcing products to complete full requirements of customers
- Receiving telephone orders and directly inputting into Sage
- Taking payments for orders via credit card
- Checking credit-worthiness with finance team
- Converting quotes to orders and advising customers of deliveries
- Liaising with warehouse team for despatching of orders
- Communicating in full with all customer enquiries and further queries
- Communicating with suppliers for prices and availabilities of non-stock items
- After sales and Customer Care
Full-time, Permanent with competitive salary
The role is based entirely in our Huddersfield office with a 37.5 hour working week with a starting time of 9:00