Petzl Strato Vent Hi-Viz Helmet
Petzl Strato Vent Hi-Viz Helmet
The Petzl Strato Vent Hi-Viz helmet has a high visibility outer shell. Like the standard Petzl Strato Vent, it has an adjustable strength chinstrap to cater for work at height, the Wind power generation sector and ground work. The Petzl Centrefit and Flip&Fit systems ensure a comfortable fit and easy storage.
Coronavirus latest: We are still open for business! Please click here for our full statement on our operations.
We pride ourselves on our excellent service and aim to despatch all orders promptly. If you order before 3pm Monday to Friday we will try to send it out that day, for next working day delivery. Orders:
- placed after 3pm Monday to Thursday will be processed the next day
- placed after 3pm on a Friday or at a weekend or on a Bank Holiday will be processed on the next working day
- Orders to the Highlands, Islands and Out of Area may be a two-day delivery and overseas will be longer
Please call us for time-critical orders, so we can process the order as a matter of urgency and confirm the delivery schedule.
All goods are subject to availability. If we can't supply your goods within 30 days from the date of order, we will inform you immediately and let you know the expected delivery date.
If you opt for a courier delivery, you will receive an email or text on the day we despatch your order, informing you that it is enroute. On the morning of delivery, at around 07:30, you will receive a further email or text giving you a 1-hour delivery time slot. Please therefore ensure that you have given us the correct mobile number and email address.
Couriers are extremely busy during Christmas and the sales, so please allow extra time.
We will not be held liable for any consequential loss caused by late or failed deliveries.
Timed deliveries / Saturday & Sunday deliveries
We can arrange timed deliveries for:
- pre-12 (midday)
- Saturday pre-10:30am
- Saturday pre-12 (midday)
- Sunday (anytime)
Some of the timed delivery options are available via the website, for others including a Sunday delivery, please call the office for a confirmed price and to arrange the alternate delivery.
Timed deliveries are subject to stock availability (we will contact you if any of your order is not in stock, so you can confirm if you would like us to split the delivery) and must be placed by 3pm Monday to Friday. Please call us if it's after 3pm as we may still be able to catch our couriers.
Petzl Strato Vent Hi-Viz helmet
- Vented shell
- Dual chinstrap can be switched between high strength (greater than 50kg - 490N), which limits the risk of loss during a fall, or low strength (less than 25kg - 245N), which limits the risk of strangulation
- The two-part EPP (expanded polypropylene) and EPS (expanded polystyrene) liner reduces weight and absorbs impact forces
- The ABS shell is designed to absorb impact forces from the top and side and penetration forces from the top
- Petzl Easyclip system for attaching the visors
- Petzl’s Centrefit system ensures the helmet is centred on your head
- Petzl’s Flip&Fit system means that you can fold the headband assembly into the shell for easy storage
- 4 head torch clips
- Removeable / washable chinstrap and headband
- Petzl Head torch mounting slots
- Slots for mounting ear defenders
- Available in 2 colours
Petzl Vertex Hi-Viz
Petzl Vertex Vent
Petzl Vertex Vent Hi-Viz
Petzl Strato Hi-Viz
The Petzl Strato Vent has no electrical insulation rating.
Petzl Vizir with Petzl Easyclip system
Petzl Vizir Shadow with Petzl Easyclip system
Petzl Vizen with Petzl Easyclip system
Petzl Vizen Mesh with Petzl Easyclip system
Protector for Vizir and Vizir Shadow
Replacement chinstraps – black with yellow fastening buckle or all black
Protector for Strato helmet
Stickers – Transparent or reflective
Replacement headband comfort foam – Standard or absorbent
Mounting clips for welding mask
Petzl Fixation Tactikka
Petzl Swift RL
Wash and rinse in clean water using pure soap
+30°C / 86°F (max.)
Dry in a well-ventilated place away from direct sources of heat or sunlight.
+30°C / 86°F (max.)
Q: How do I set the chinstrap strength?
A: The chinstrap strength should be set in accordance with the risk assessment carried out for the planned helmet use.
- Risk of helmet coming off in a fall – Strong strength >50kg or 490N
- Risk of strangulation – Weak strength <25kg or 245N
One of the parameters in the helmet EN Standard’s relates to chinstrap strength:
- EN 397 – requires a chinstrap strength (if fitted) <25kg or 245N
- EN 12492 – requires a chinstrap strength >50kg or 490N
Use a small flat-head screwdriver to turn the chinstrap clip to the desired setting.
Q: How do I adjust the fit of my Petzl Vertex?
A:Push in both headband adjustment wheels and turn them in the same direction until the desired fit is achieved.
Move the webbing through the chinstrap positioning buckles to move the chinstrap forward or backwards.
Carefully unclip the front headband and move it up or down to achieve the desired fit.
Move the rear headband so that the webbing is tight.
Test the fit by pushing up on the front brim. There should be limited movement.
Q: How do I remove / install the chinstrap?
A: Use a flat-head screwdriver to carefully depress and remove the chinstrap retaining clips on all four ‘corners’. Pull the rear straps through the rear headband assembly.
Install in reverse, starting at the front of the helmet. Make sure the ‘button’ on the clip faces the outside of the helmet and that the rear straps pass through the rear headband assembly. Test the correct assembly by doing up the chinstrap buckle and pulling.
Lateral deformation, Low temperatures,
Head Circumference Min
Head Circumference Max
Weaker - EN397, Stronger - EN12492,
Operating Temperature from
+50°C / +122°F
Operating Temperature to
-30°C / -22°F
Industrial or Sport Use
ABS (Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene)
EPP (expanded polypropylene)
EPS (expanded polystyrene)
ANSI Z89.1 Type 1 Class C