Petzl Bug Backpack
Petzl Bug Backpack
The Petzl Bug backpack is designed for single-day multi-pitch rock climbing, and is perfect for everyday uses. Suitable for carrying gear on the approach and when climbing (hydration system, food, clothing, shoes). It is designed to offer the best possible comfort: minimum bulk, freedom of shoulder movement, foldaway waistbelt, high carrying position for unobstructed access to harness.
Coronavirus latest (dated 1st May): We are still open for business! Please click here for our full statement on our operations.
We pride ourselves on our excellent service and aim to despatch all orders promptly. If you order before 3pm Monday to Friday we will try to send it out that day, for next working day delivery. Orders:
- placed after 3pm Monday to Thursday will be processed the next day
- placed after 3pm on a Friday or at a weekend or on a Bank Holiday will be processed on the next working day
- Orders to the Highlands, Islands and Out of Area may be a two-day delivery and overseas will be longer
Please call us for time-critical orders, so we can process the order as a matter of urgency and confirm the delivery schedule.
All goods are subject to availability. If we can't supply your goods within 30 days from the date of order, we will inform you immediately and let you know the expected delivery date.
If you opt for a courier delivery, you will receive an email or text on the day we despatch your order, informing you that it is enroute. On the morning of delivery, at around 07:30, you will receive a further email or text giving you a 1-hour delivery time slot. Please therefore ensure that you have given us the correct mobile number and email address.
Couriers are extremely busy during Christmas and the sales, so please allow extra time.
We will not be held liable for any consequential loss caused by late or failed deliveries.
Timed deliveries / Saturday & Sunday deliveries
We can arrange timed deliveries for:
- pre-12 (midday)
- Saturday pre-10:30am
- Saturday pre-12 (midday)
- Sunday (anytime)
Some of the timed delivery options are available via the website, for others including a Sunday delivery, please call the office for a confirmed price and to arrange the alternate delivery.
Timed deliveries are subject to stock availability (we will contact you if any of your order is not in stock, so you can confirm if you would like us to split the delivery) and must be placed by 3pm Monday to Friday. Please call us if it's after 3pm as we may still be able to catch our couriers.
Petzl Bug Backpack
The Petzl Bug's 18L volume is ideal for carrying gear on the approach and when climbing, designed for maximum comfort on the back : minimal bulk, shoulder straps allowing freedom of arm movement, comfortable and ventilated back panel, foldaway waistbelt, high positioning allows access to back of harness (for chalkbag, gear), lateral compression straps.
Carries high on the back:
- It allows easy access around the back of your harness (gear loops, chalk bags, etc).
- Enables a rope to be strapped to the bottom of the pack (carry straps).
- Waist belt provides additional carry comfort for heavy loads and tucks away to leave freedom of movement when climbing.
Lateral compression straps:
- Allow the pack to be compressed, keeping the contents secure while climbing.
- Allows you to carry a jacket on the outside.
Rounded rectangular shape:
- Great balance between volume and shape provides plenty of room for gear without interfering with your climbing.
- Reduces wear from abrasion.
Wide, ergonomically shaped shoulder straps:
- Comfortable while wearing the pack.
- Stable on the back even without using the waistbelt.
- Provides freedom of movement while climbing.
- Adjustable height sternum strap enhances security and comfort.
Single top opening with handle:
- Sturdy attachment point, helps to keep everything safely stored when open.
Daisy chain, side compression and rope carrying straps allow for more gear carrying options.
Interior pocket for hydration system or laptop, wallet pocket.
Topo pocket in back of pack, foldaway waist belt and adjustable sternal strap ensure stability of the pack when climbing.
Bag / Case / Pack
Kit / Rope Bag
Industrial or Sport Use