Abaris International Limited (“Abaris”, “our”, “us”, “we”), Bridge Mills, Huddersfield Road, Holmfirth HD9 3TW, is the controller for the personal information we process. Abaris International Limited is a company registered in England and Wales with registered number 4743012
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy explains how and why we collect personal information, how we use it, how we keep it secure and your rights in relation to your information.
How do we collect personal information?
- Information you give us directly when you purchase goods or services from us. This includes:
- Your name
- Postal and delivery address
- Phone numbers
- Email address
- Credit or debit card details (we do not keep these)
- If you visit us at our offices, we have CCTV systems in operation for the security of our premises and staff. These systems may record your image during your visit
- Social Media. When you use our facebook and Twitter pages, we collect information when you tag us or write a comment. The information we receive depends on the privacy settings you have set on each platform
- When you apply for a job
How we use your personal information
We use personal information about you in order to provide the products and services you expect from us.
- We keep a record of your purchases with us, which means that we can deal quickly and efficiently with queries you may have with your order
- We keep a record of all email correspondence you send us. This helps us keep track of any problems or concerns you've had with our products or services
- When you sign up for news and exclusive offers (you can opt out of this at any time)
- Marketing and remarketing our products and services
- Managing and operating your account
- In order to fulfil your order and strive to provide a first class service, we have to share your personal information with trusted third parties. These are:
- SagePay – a payment service provider
- PayPal – another payment service provider
- DPD Local – One of the UK’s leading time-critical carriers
- CCL Logistics – a logistics service that we use for our International deliveries
- Rackspace – our hosting provider
- Google - so we can improve our customers’ online purchasing experience
- We keep a record of the information you give us when you apply for a job
Why we use personal information
We use personal information to:
- keep a record of our relationship with you
- fulfil your orders
- provide information to you
- improve the services and product range we offer you
- process job applications
How long is the information kept for?
The length of time we keep your personal information is determined by operational and legal considerations. We do not keep your information longer than is necessary.
Keeping your personal information up-to-date
We try to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up-to-date. You can help us achieve this by telling us when your details change.
Legal basis for processing
The legal bases for processing your personal information in accordance with the purposes outlined above are:
- Consent – You have consented to us using your personal information for the purpose of creating an account and processing your quote request(s) and fulfilling your order(s), or providing you with other services. You may withdraw this consent at any time by contacting us using the details below
- Contract – It is necessary for us to process your personal information to perform a contract to which you are a party
- Legal obligation – we may need to contact you in the event of a product recall
- Legitimate interests – It is our legitimate interest to use your personal information to operate, improve and promote our products and services
How we keep your personal information secure
When you give us personal information, we ensure that appropriate steps are taken to safeguard it. We have physical, clerical, managerial and electronic procedures in place to secure the personal information we collect.
Our website is secured using HTTPS, which is primarily designed to provide an enhanced layer of security using encryption methods.
Credit and debit card details are encrypted using 128-bit or 168-bit SSL certificates. Any sensitive information passed back to us is signed using MD5 hashing to prevent tampering. Once on the payment service provider system, information is stored using 256-bit encryption standards.
If you do not know what cookies are, or how to control or delete them, then we recommend you visit www.allaboutcookies.org for detailed guidance.
You have certain legal rights over the personal information that we hold about you. You have the right to:
- access your information
- request a copy of the information we hold about you
- have inaccurate or incomplete information corrected
- restrict the processing of your information
- object to the use of information for certain purposes
- delete some or all of your information we hold about you
If you want to exercise any of your legal rights regarding the personal information that we hold about you, please contact us using the details below. We may require evidence of your identity and/or may ask for additional information.
Changes to this policy
Post: Abaris International Limited, Bridge Mills, Huddersfield Road, Holmfirth HD9 3TW
Phone: +44 (0)1484 768277
If you have concerns or a complaint about the way Abaris handles your personal information, you can report it to the Information Commissioner’s Office:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF
Phone: 0303 123 1113
A cookie (or similar technology) is a small piece of data that is downloaded onto a device when you access a website. It allows the website to recognise your device and store some information about your preferences or past actions.
- personalise and enrich your experience of our website and to help with the shopping basket functionality
- count the number of visitors to our website and see how they navigate it. We use this to optimise our website functionality
- analyse the effectiveness of Ads and web-searches so that we can improve our offering and deliver content tailored to your interests. You may notice that sometimes after visiting a site you see increased numbers of adverts from the site you visited. This is because advertisers, including ourselves pay for these adverts. The technology to do this is made possible by cookies and as such we may place a so called “remarketing cookie” during your visit. We use these adverts to offer special offers etc to encourage you to come back to our website. Don't worry we are unable to proactively reach out to you as the whole process is entirely anonymised
You can decline to accept cookies or use our website in Private browsing mode. You can also use your browser settings to state that you do not want your browser traffic to be tracked and to clear your browsing data (including cookies). These are normally found in the privacy or advanced settings of your browser. You can do this at any time. However, this may affect some of our website functionality. If you login to our website, a cookie is required so that you can login securely and so that we can remember you. We will take this as implied consent and hide the 'accept cookies' message.
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
If you would like to know more about cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Our website uses the following cookies:
This is the cookie set by our website to track your session information, so that we can login you in and perform a number of critical functions on our website, such as page preferences etc. When you leave our website and close the browser, this session cookie should be removed by your browser.
This cookie is set by our website to store your login user id information. It is pre-filled for you. You then only need to enter your password. If you do not want this cookie to be stored, you can simply untick the 'Remember my login name' box at the login screen. Expires one year from being set.
This cookie is set by our website to store your shopping basket information. It is an essential aspect of our website. The cart cookie is stored for 30 days and will also clear after you checkout.
You can find out more about Google’s position on privacy as regards its analytics service here.
This cookie is set by the website when you have clicked the "Accept Cookies" link, and is used so that we don't show you the notice on every page once you've decided you are happy with the policy. Expires one year from when set.