Petzl Vertex Best Helmet Latest Version VAT Exempt
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: This helmet is VAT Exempt when purchased by an individual for industrial use. These must not be supplied to persons for use by their employees (buying for employees requires the purchaser to pay VAT) Please note we will call to take payment for the VAT if more than one is ordered.
Click here for Vertex Best Helmets Including VAT
Petzl Vertex Best Helmet Latest Version
The Vertex Best helmet sets the standard in head protection for workers at height. The adjustable head band ensure a secure fit, whilst the strong chin strap limits the risk of losing the helmet during a fall. The solid shell reduces ventilation but does meet the requirements of EN397 and EN50365 for electrical insulation and molten metal splash. This helmet is a compromise between the sport and industrial standards. It meets the sport standard requirements for chin strap strength and the industrial requirements for protection against falling objects. The helmet is compatible with a wide range of ear defenders and visors that fit a standard 30mm euro slot.
The CenterFit adjustment system adjusts the headband and keeps the helmet centered on the head. The Vertex Best is designed for optimal attachment of a PIixa or Ultra Vario headlamp, a Vizir, Vizir Shadow or Vizen protective shield, and hearing protection.
Optimal protection for work at height:
- shock absorption achieved through deformation of the outer shell
- its closed shell offers protection against electrical risk and molten metal splash
- strong chinstrap (more than 50 daN) limits the risk of losing the helmet during a fall
Very comfortable to wear:
- six-point textile suspension conforms perfectly to the shape of the head
- CenterFit adjustment system adjusts the headband and keeps the helmet centered on the head
- comes with two sizes of headband foam
Many accessories are available in order to adapt the helmet to its use:
- Pixa or Ultra Vario headlamp (front and back slots)
- headlamp with elastic headband (headlamp clips)
- Vizir, Vizir Shadow or VIizen protective shield (side inserts)
- hearing protection (side slots)
- Head circumference: 53-63 cm
- Weight: 455 g
- Material(s): ABS, nylon, polycarbonate, high-strength polyester, polyethylene
- Colours: available in 7 colours
o High-visibility Yellow
- Guarantee: 3 years
- Made in: FR
- Certification(s): CE*, ANSI Z89.1-2009 type I class E
- * Meets the requirements of the EN397 and EN12492 standards for impact protection. Meets the requirements of the EN397 and EN50365 standards for electrical insulation. Meets the optional requirements of the EN397 standard for molten metal spray, lateral deformation and use in low temperatures.
Field of Application:
This helmet is designed only for work at height and rescue. The VERTEX BEST meets all requirements of the EN397 standard, except for the chin strap. The chinstrap has a strength of 50 daN (requirement of the EN12492 standard) to help keep the helmet on the head in case of a fall.
The Vertex Best meets optional requirements of EN397: Protection against impacts down to -30 °C, resistance to lateral deformation, protection against accidental contact with live conductors up to 440 V AC and protection against molten metal splash. Electrical standards: - EN397: this helmet protects against accidental contact with live conductors up to 440 V AC. - ANSI Z89.1-2009 class E: The helmet was tested at a voltage of 20000 V, but this does not in any way guarantee protection against electric shocks at this voltage. The standard guarantees protection against electric shocks resulting from accidental contact between the helmet and a live electric device.
Do not use this helmet in activities for which it is not designed. Activities at height present a risk of serious head injury. Wearing a helmet can significantly reduce this risk, but cannot entirely eliminate it. In a major impact, the helmet deforms to absorb the maximum amount of energy possible, sometimes to the point of destroying the helmet.
How should I clean the inside of my Petzl helmet?
As with any other plastic product, Petzl does not recommend using chemical products to clean your helmet.
• Wash helmets in lukewarm soapy water (pH neutral, 30° C maximum), then rinse thoroughly with fresh tap water.
• Use only household face and body soap. All other cleaning products, such as solvents, stain removers, degreasers are too powerful, are incompatible with polycarbonate, polystyrene or nylon, and can weaken the helmet shell.
• The shell of ABS helmets can be cleaned using a cloth lightly moistened with rubbing alcohol. Warning: do not dip the helmet directly in alcohol.
• Do not use a high-pressure water sprayer.